Welcome to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the Republic of China (Taiwan). In order to ensure your security when accessing the services and information provided by this website, we would like to introduce to you the website’s privacy and information security policies. Please carefully read the following articles aimed at protecting your interests:
(1) Scope of policy
This policy applies to the use and protection of personal information collected when using the services offered by this website. This policy does not apply to other websites that can be accessed via hyper links on this website.
As the other websites are governed by their own specific privacy policies, this website will not bear any liability for your security while you browse those websites.
(2) Collection and use of information
- (a) This website will not collect any personal information when a user simply browses on or downloads files from it.
- (b) In order to provide you the best possible interactive services, you may be asked to provide personal information while using certain services on this website, such as when sending messages to the Minister’s mail box, making online service requests, and filling out surveys.
- (c) This website will log the users’ IP address, access time, and frequency of access to information. The information on the browsing and access activities of users is recorded for internal administration purposes so that the total volume of website traffic and network activity can be calculated. This information is important to the improvement of our services.
- (d) In order to provide services tailored to your needs, this website will read and write cookies in your browser under the following circumstances: If you do not want such cookies, you can set the level of security (located under Internet Options in your browser) to “high”, thereby blocking all cookies. This will, however, prevent certain functions of this website from operating fully.
- (e) This website will not sell or lease your personal information to other groups, individuals, or private entities, or exchange it with them, except under the following circumstances:
- i. A law enforcement agency needs such information to conduct a criminal investigation.
- ii. Another authority needs such information to conduct an investigation or carry out other duties.
- iii. Another individual or agency has been commissioned to provide a service that will improve this website’s quality.
(3) Information security
The computer servers hosting this website are equipped with a firewall, anti-virus systems and other security features. Strict protection measures have been introduced to safeguard this website and the users’ personal information. Only authorized personnel have access to the system and such information. In addition, the information collected by this website is transmitted by SSL protocol to further prevent unauthorized access or malicious invasion by a third party.
(4) Registered User’s Obligations
- (a) You agree to provide accurate and complete information about yourself on the website’s registration form for the website’s online services and personalized features. If you provide any information that is inaccurate or incomplete, we reserve the right to deny any or all services, current and future.
- (b) You and MOFA are responsible for keeping confidential your password and username. You agree to exit from your account at the end of each session. If you share a computer with another person or use our services on a public computer, remember to close the browser to prevent other people from accessing your personal information or e-mail.
- (c) You agree not to intentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and to bear full responsibility for all actions that occur with your account and password.
2.Information security policy
(1) In its management of transparency, national security and confidentiality concerns, this website provides the public with up-to-date information on our diplomatic work and available consular services.
(2) This website prohibits unauthorized persons from taking any action that would compromise the confidentiality, integrity or utilization of this website. Violators will be dealt with according to the law.
(3) This website has the following security measures to better ensure its secure and uninterrupted operations:
- (a) a firewall and anti-virus systems to prevent illegal intrusion;
- (b) measures to detect network messages, monitor network traffic, and block malicious activities;
- (c) software to detect and correct the website’s vulnerabilities through periodic scans;
- (d) scheduled mock hacker attacks so that administrators can test the procedures in place for restoring the system during security incidents and that the uninterrupted operation of this website can be further ensured; and
- (e) backup operations that are carried out on a daily basis.
3. Revisions and inquiries
These policies are subject to revision at any time. Any revisions to the policies will be posted immediately on this website. You are welcome to contact us should you have any questions about the policies.